Hey there minasan
I have some news regarding the Japanese language speech contest!
As you all know we have a speech contest every year. This year we have the 11th language speech contest. Last year we had a Haiku (short poetry) section and Speech section.
This year we will hold the 11th Japanese language speech
contest in the universityof Jordan on SATURDAY
March, 1st, 2008. Students who wish to participate may choose to
enter in either the “PRESENTATION” or “SPEECH” sessions according to the
Date: 09:00 am on Saturday, 1 March 2008
Venue: The Language Center of the University of Jordan, Wadi Rum Auditorium
Organizer: The University of Jordan and the Embassy of Japan
Sessions: Two (Presentation and Speech)
(1) Please fill out the designated application form and submit it to the Cultural section of the Embassy not later than Thursday, 31 January 2008. See Note at the end.
(2) Each session shall accept only the following number of complete applications in order of receipt:
(3) Double entry in both sessions is not allowed
(4) Participants in the Speech session
must have study experience in Japanese longer than eight months. Participants in the Presentation section should be Japanese language students
(1) Those who have stayed in Japan longer than a year may participate in the event as a special entry, but are not entitled to win a prize other than arranged for the special entry.
(2) Those who won the first place of the Japanese Speech Contest held in Jordan in the past three years are not entitled to win a prize in the same category of the contest.
(3) Those who have a Japanese parent may not participate.1. Presentation session
1. Participants will make a presentation in English entitled “The Japan that I want to introduce to Jordanians”.
2. Each contestant has five minutes for the presentation.
3. Student must select and interesting and original subject and introduce that subject correctly to the audience using actual objects, pictures, sounds, multimedia, etc.
4. The use of MS PowerPoint is highly recommended.2.Speech session;
1. A participant must choose one of the following subjects;
(a) ごめんなさい/ありがとう Sorry /Thank you
(b) 人生(じんせい)を変えた(か )・・・ The […………] that changed my life
(c) 日本(にほん)の諺(ことわざ)で「・・・・」 In Japanese proverbs we say [ ……………]
(d) どうして・・・ Why ……………?
2.The speech must be not longer than six minutes
3.The contestant must submit a translation of the speech either in English or Arabic saved in MS Word to the Embassy not later than Thursday, 14 February 2008.VERY IMPORTANT NOTES
1. Students who wish to participate in this session must write their speeches in Japanese by themselves
. Teachers will instruct and
help the students in writing their speeches but will NOT TRANSLATE from
2. Students wishing to enter must provide the teachers with the title of the speech and a brief summary (1 paragraph) in English summarizing what they want to write by the end of December. Only after receiving the final OK of the teachers your topic will be finalized and u will start writing your speech.
As you see this is the information for the speech contest.
I know that many of you want to enter the Speech section but as you see the rule is that the student should have 8 months
of Japanese language study to be eligiable. I recommend that you guys consider the PRESENTATION section
. You choose a Topic that you like to intorduce to fellow Jordanians like Sakura, Japanese Tea, Japanese food japanese Robots and so on and make a simple PPT slideshow and make your presnetation. It is very easy and fun and you can get some cool prizes.
If any of you guys are interested, please send me your idea for the presntation at Tymoor_hamdokh(at)yahoo.co.jp as soon as possible to give you the Go ahead.Also my self and Oka sensei were very impressed with your skit the other day and were wondering if you would like to do the same skit in the speech contest as well!! if you would like to do so, Please contact me or Oka sensei
For more official information please visit the Japanese embassy Home page at
Looking forward to see you at the Speach contest!
By the way there is an animation film festival in february soon! i will up the info about this event soon!!!Gnabatte kudasai!